The Prairie State
The Illinois state flag was originally designed in 1912 by contest winner, Lucy Derwent,
this patriotic flag pays homage to both Illinois and the United States.
a white background, the state seal of Illinois features an American Eagle holding
a ribbon in its mouth with the state motto, "State Sovereignty, National Unity."
The shield with 13 stars and stripes represents the original 13 colonies, and the
water underneath the Eagle depicts Lake Michigan.
Constructed from heavy duty 200 denier nylon, finished with a canvas heading and grommets.
Minimum Order of $60 Required
Available in three different sizes to fit your space requirements. Select from heading and
grommets only, pole hem only, fringe only or pole hem and fringe together.
- UV Resistant Fabric.
- Canvas Heading with Brass Grommets.
- Optional Pole Hem & Fringe Finishing.
- Color Matched Thread.
- Full 1/4" Turn on All Seams.
- Chain Stitch on All Horizontal Seams.
- All Flags are quadruple stitched and back tacked (4 rows of stitching) at the fly hem.